The stack is used for maintaining any sort of LIFO(Last in First Out) Data Structure. Applications of Stack in Data Structure used in real-life also. Many computer algorithms work best with stacks for example Tower of Hanoi. Let’s find out the real-life examples of Applications of Stack in Data Structure.
Below are the 10 Real-life examples of Stack and 12 Applications of Stack in Data Structure.
Applications of Stack in Real Life
Stack used very often in real life, even normal people use applications of Stack in their daily life routines. Here is some example of the stack in real-life. Below are the 10 Applications of Stack in Real Life.
- Women Bangles: Women wear a bangle one by one and to pull the first one they have to first pull out the last one.
- Books and Clothes: Piled on top of each other is a great example of the stack.
- Floors in a Building: A person is living on a top floor and wants to go outside, he/she first need to land on the ground floor.
- Browsers: Web browsers use the stack to keep track of the history of web sites if you click back then the previous site opens immediately.
- Mobile Phone: Call log in mobiles uses the stack, to get a first-person call log you have to scroll.
- Companies: When a company want to reduce its workforce.typicall they follow “last hired, first fired”
- Garage: If a garage is not wide enough. To remove the first car we have to take out all the other cars in after it.
- Tubewell Boring Machine: Tubewell boring machine use stack to pull or push same as stack
- Text Editors: Undo or Redo mechanism in the Text Editors(Excel, Notepad or WordPad etc.)
- The CD/DVD stand
As we know nowadays data is everything, then questions come what is master data? Master data is central to inventory management. Clean and complete catalogue records allow the storeroom to find parts easily when needed. They also enable the storeroom to track usage history so that optimum stock levels can be determined with accuracy. In these cases, complete and accurate MRO Supply master records are essential.
Application of Stack in Data Structure
Apart from the real-life example of stack here are some different applications of stack in Data Structure. The functionality will be the same else we can’t say it stack.
- Memory management
- Function Call(recursive functions.)
- String Reversal
- Parenthesis Checking
- Syntax Parsing
- Reversing a String
- Matching HTML Tags in Web Developing.
- Arithmetic Expression Evaluation
- Java compiler uses postfix notation
- Java virtual machine uses a stack
- Expression Conversion or Expression Evaluation
- infix to prefix
- infix to postfix
- prefix to infix
- prefix to postfix
- postfix to infix
- postfix to infix
The stack is used for maintaining any sort of LIFO(Last in First Out) Data Structure. Many computer algorithms work best with stacks for example Tower of Hanoi.